ARMENIA AND GEORGIA
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AN OPPORTUNITY TO TRAVEL ABROAD AND VOLUNTEER ON LOCAL PROJECTS THEN THIS OFFER IS MADE FOR YOU!
JOIN OUR NEXT TRIP COMBINED WITH VOLUNTEERING EXPERIENCE AND SPEND 2 WEEKS IN ARMENIA AND GEORGIA!
THE DATES OF THE TRIP: to be confirmed
We have already painted school classes in Nepal, we have repaired the school canteen and we organized a sports Olympiad in Peru, and we have aleady helped to restore the school in the village of Kalavan in Armenia in 2018 with the help of local professionals;) But there are still plenty to do so we would like to come back to "our village" again in 2019;)
The program of the whole trip is really rich, we will spend the first 9 days in Armenia, we will visit not only the capital of Yerevan, but also we will go on trekking in Dilijan National Park or wine tasting in Areni;) And in Georgia, besides enjoying the atmosphere of Tbilisi, we will go to Kazbek mountain, to the height of over 2 thousand m. to admire the postcard view of the Church of the Holy Trinity!
The final question we asked our volunteers was: will the volunteers repeat this experience?
Monika immediately replies: “Yes, yes, and yes again! And I will whole-heartedly encourage everyone to try this form of holidays. And as soon as I find out about a trip with the same team – I’m in – no questions asked ;)”
Małgosia has similar thoughts: „We are a group of six girls who really took a great liking to each other. We shared the same sense of humour, we supported each other when one of us didn’t feel too well, we were eager to discover each other. For sure we will keep in touch.”
Marta: „We didn’t know each other before the journey – the first time we saw each other was in the departure hall at the Okęcie Airport in Warsaw. I hope that we will not only stay in touch, but that we will paint more than one school together :)”
Day 1 - Warsaw - Yerevan
Most of the aircraft travel this route at night, so to the capital of Armenia, Yerevan arrive the next day in the early morning.
Day 2 - Yerevan
We will start the day with a trip to the hotel and a decent breakfast, and then we will go to visit the capital of Armenia and the largest city - Yerevan, erected in 782 BC. - 29 years earlier than Rome! We will visit "the must see", which include:
- Republic Square - the main city square with the Museum of Armenian History, gallery, government buildings,
- A beautiful opera building at the Freedom Square,
- Cascade (Center of Art of Cafesjana), an architectural complex, or rather stairs with sculptures, museum halls and a magnificent view of Ararat.
- Statue of the Mother of Armenia in the Victory Park.
During the day, a rest for lunch, a walk along the main pedestrian street with numerous shops, and in the evening a dinner in an Armenian restaurant and a show of dancing fountains on the Republic Square.
Day 3 - Yerevan - Lake Sevan - Dilijan
Drive 60 km above the emerald Sevan Lake (2000m above sea level), with stops:
- near the Khor Virapna monastery, which blends beautifully with the stunning view of the snowy Ararat
- for wine tasting in Areni (!)
- in Selim Caravanseray - a stanchion from the 14th century, where travelers traveling along the Silk Road stopped
- in the village of Noratus famous from the cemetery where you can admire Armenian chachkar - carved in stone tombstones
- at the Sevanavank monastery - the place of penance for sinful monks
In the afternoon, come to the town of Dilijan called the Switzerland of Armenia - walks in the streets of the nineteenth century, dinner, overnight.
Day 4 - Dilijan - trekking - Kalavan
Trekking in the Dilijan National Park - several hours of communing with nature, beautiful views and fresh mountain air! A late lunch in one of the villages of Molocan (a Christian ethnic group with clearly Slavic features that was expelled from Russia in the 19th century and found shelter in Armenia.) The name comes from "milk" that they consume during fasting. For the night we will go to the village of Kalavan, where we will spend the next days on volunteering.
Day 5 and 6 - Kalavan
Volunteer work in one of the rural schools in Kalavan. All materials and work of a professional painter / construction worker with whom we will work will be paid from participants' fees (already included in the final price). During these days we will have the opportunity to get to know the community of a small village better.
Day 7 - Kalavan - Haghpat
The final work in the school will take place until noon. At the end of the volunteer's farewell lunch with the local community. And then Akhtala and Haghpat - two Byzantine monasteries inscribed on the UNECSO heritage list. Overnight in Haghpat.
Day 8 - Haghpat - Yerevan
Today we are returning to Yerevan, but on the way we still have the opportunity to see two objects from the UNESCO list
- Amberd called "fortress in the clouds"
- Saghmosavank called the "monastery of psalms", because it was there that the manuscripts were copied and decorated
Overnight and evening in Yerevan.
Day 9 - Yerevan - trip to Georgia
We offer a whole day of rest in Yerevan.
And for those who want more experience, we can propose an additional option - a trip to Echmiadzin - one of the first Christian churches in the world, whose place of origin was designated, according to legend, by Jesus Christ himself. During the return stop in Zvartnots - the ruins of the temple from the 7th century and in Vernisage - a great place to buy souvenirs. Evening dinner and transfer to the train station.
Overnight passage through berths to Tbilisi !!!
Day 10 - Tbilisi
Morning arrival to Tbilisi - rest, sauna, sightseeing, trip by train to Mother Georgia.
Day 11 - Tbilisi
A trip to the Georgian war road up Kazbek - the highest mountain in Georgia, 5033 m above sea level with a pedestrian approach to the "postcard" church of the Holy Trinity (Cminda Sameba, 2170m above sea level). After a crazy run down, lunch in the village of Kazbegi in one of the local restaurants, where you can eat excellent Georgian dishes. On the way back, a short stop at the Ananuri fortress. Dinner in the old town of Tbilisi.
Day 12 - Tbilisi - Uplistsikhe - Gori - Tbilisi
A one-day trip to Uplistsikhe - a rocky city with perfectly preserved, carved out of the rock salami, stairs, cellars ...
Then a visit to Gori - the birthplace of the most famous Georgian - Stalin and the Museum of Victims of Stalinism (where three floors are devoted to Stalin, and one room in the basement to his victims ...) and (as time will allow) to Msheta - the former capital of Georgia.
Day 13 - Tbilisi
All day in Tbilisi - free time and rest. A farewell dinner and an evening trip to the airport (returning in the morning of the next day).
Day 14 - Warsaw
Arrival at the Warsaw airport.
* Due to the nature of the trip, slight deviations from the program are possible, however, they do not affect its basic shape and quality.
The dates: to be confirmed.
Price for 1 person: 1280 Euro + air ticket Warsaw-Yerevan, Tbilisi-Warsaw
The trip is confirmed, we already have tickets, you can still join us;)
What's included in the price:
- Care of the pilot with Polish and English language - Travel with Mission / No Limits representative
- Accommodation in double and triple rooms in 2 and 3 * hotels, hostels, bed & breakfasts or so-called guest housach.
- 3 meals a day at local restaurants and at the place of volunteering
- Water, coffee / tea with meals
- Fees for entries to facilities listed in the program
- - Transfers from and to the airport
- - Internal bus journeys
- - Transfer by night train (couches) from Yerevan to Tbilisi
- Volunteering (purchase of materials needed to carry out works, fee for a local professional painter / builder)
The price does not include:
- Alcoholic drinks
- Additional meals ordered individually
- Personal expenses
- An additional trip - for those willing from Yerevan to Echmiadzin
The trip is carried out in cooperation with a friendly and very experienced tourism organizer - Alina Majewska, the owner of the company "No Limits", www.no-limits.pl, entered into the Register (regulated activity) of Tourism Organizers and Tourist Intermediaries of the Mazowieckie Voivodeship under the number 993; REGON 140433182, NIP 527-146-97-92.
Lidia Kilińska-Dłabich: email@example.com, tel. +48 504 100 825
Alina Majewska: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. +48 602 792 995